Happy Blooming Shower Jelly

by - 10:22:00 PM




Who would have thought I would fall so deeply in love with such a seemingly silly product? At first glance, the concept of shower jellies seems like nothing more than a childish product that won't really be all that useful, or even effective, but oh how wrong that sentiment is. I have grown to adore the silky lather, rich scents, and alternative uses of this wonderful product, and Happy Blooming is my new favorite.
Upon opening the pot of Happy Blooming, you are greeted with the stunning aroma of cherries, slightly softened by a sweet, almondy note. This striking red jelly reminds me so much of a red, heart shaped cherry lollipop, which I used to love as a kid. Aside from citrussy scents, Lush tends not to do very many other fruit-scented products, so this one is certainly welcome.
Compared to other jellies, this one has just as wonderful of a lather, and the carrageenan extract lends a wonderfully slippery and smooth texture making it perfect to use while shaving. Shower jellies are my absolute favorite product to shave with.
Setting this jelly apart from the others I have tried- perhaps in a slightly negative way- Happy Blooming is not nearly as moisturizing as you would expect. I have tried quite a few jellies now, and they all leave your skin feeling very soft and much less stripped than when you wash with soap or shower gel. This, on the other hand, has more toning properties that do leave your skin feeling a little taut. Also, I noticed that my pot of jelly (and this may have been a one-off issue, either with just mine, or the batch) contains some strange, rough component that tends to be slightly scratchy. I am really not sure where these little flecks come from, and I don't think they are meant to be there because jellies are not the best format for an exfoliating product. Whatever the cause of this, it is not harmful, just a little strange, and it does not take away from the absolutely mouthwatering scent.
I enjoy using this product, and I hope to try another batch in the future to see if the little bits were just a fluke, because I have not read any other reviews with this complaint!

Vegan?  Yes

Ingredients: Glycerine, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Water (cocos nucifera), Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Coconut Cream (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Colour 17200, Colour 73360, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

You May Also Like

0 comments