Bite Beauty Opal Collection

by - 4:31:00 PM

Metallic and sparkly gold makeup, particularly for the lips, has definitely been trending lately-probably thanks to the elusive and totally swoon-worthy Pat McGrath kits. Of course, all of her products are perpetually sold out, and the ingredients are a bit of a mystery anyway, so they're pretty much out of the question for me. Luckily, clean brand Bite Beauty came out with some limited edition products this past holiday that evoke a similar feel. I originally set out to find the gold lip gloss and lipstick, but my local Sephora does not stock them, and once I saw the products in the Opal shade, I knew it was meant to be.

The Opal lipstick is their Creme lipstick formula, and is 97% natural. The texture is almost like a lip balm. It feels hydrating and creamy, but does not sit heavily on the lips. The ingredients include waxes such as calendelilla wax, beeswax, and jojoba wax, and oils ranging from argan, to safflower to sesame. It glides onto the lips smoothly and sits well- it does not slide around or get caught in any dry patches you may have. On the contrary, it leaves your lips feeling more conditioned than they were before application. My only gripe with this product is the wear time- when worn by itself it does not last very long on the lips, and I find myself reapplying every hour or so to bring back the shimmer. But a little extra upkeep is worth it with this, the opalescent sheen it gives the lips is subtle but beautiful. When layered over liner or another lipstick, it cools down the look, and gives whatever is underneath it a beautiful milkiness. I love layering this over my Rituel de Fille lipstick in the shade Datura, because it turns it into a creamy, blue toned pink.

The Opal lipgloss can also be layered over other shades, for a glossier look. It contains many of the same oils and butters as its lipstick counterpart, and is just as moisturizing. It works well over top the lipstick to intensify the opalescent effect, but is not as striking as the lipstick is on it's own. It's a lovely texture and does not feel overly sticky or goopy.
I really enjoy both of these products, and I think they are a beautiful, ethereal addition to any makeup look. If you only have room for one of the two products in your budget, I would recommend the lipstick over the gloss, only because it offers slightly more pigmentation. I am excited to try more products from Bite Beauty in the future!

You May Also Like

0 comments