Marin Bee Detox Mask

by - 1:19:00 PM

Marin Bee Pure Honey Skincare recently reached out to me on Instagram to see if I would like to try out their Detox Masque, and after reading up on both the company and the product ingredients, I had a great feeling about working with them. Marin Bee promises that they "never use pre-made bases, parabens, PEGs, sulfates, phthalates, or synthetic fragrance. Our products are gluten free, never tested on animals, and help support Planet Bee Foundation." No nasty ingredients, and they support a wonderful initiative? Yes please! You can read all about their company's story, and how to get involved here.
As for the mask they offered me, I was in desperate need of something that would battle my ever-persistent acne, as well as soothe and nourish my dry winter skin, all of which Detox Masque is perfect for. The mask is composed of one third wildflower honey, which has wonderful antibacterial and humectant properties, so it is well suited for those with acne and dry skin. Because of the inclusion of honey, the mask stays moist on the face throughout the whole treatment, which I love. It also contains kaolin clay to detox the skin, so I was concerned it would dry down or tighten as clay based masks are know to do, but it stays comfortable and does not dehydrate. 
In addition to the kaolin clay, it also utilizes sulphur and zinc oxide to battle acne. I have recently fallen in love with zinc oxide for acne treatment with my Graydon Face Food Mineral Mist, so I thought it was interesting to see it in this mask as well. 
One of my favorite skincare ingredients is oat, because it has wonderful soothing properties for sensitive skin. I love taking oat baths in the winter to calm the dry, itchy skin on my body, and this mask is the perfect product for a similar effect on the face. I also love that the ground oats paired with salt give just a hint of mechanical exfoliation to smooth out skin without irritating it. Pumpkin ferment extract is included for a brightening, enzymatic exfoliation.
This is one of my favorite clay-based masks, because it addresses all of my skin's needs. I did not encounter any problems with breakouts or irritation while using it. On the contrary, I turned to this mask when my skin was especially broken out and reactive and it soothed inflammation and gave my skin the boost it needed to clear out and heal. I can always count on this mask's softening and brightening ingredients to add some glow back into my skin. I think all skin types could benefit from Detox Masque, and I very highly recommend it. 

You May Also Like

0 comments