Summer Empties

by - 10:55:00 AM


I didn't intend to publish two empty product posts so close together, but I've been busy using up lots of stuff in preparation to move! Now that we're all settled into our new home (as brief as it will be for me- I'm moving again in October!) I have some time to talk about the products I've been working hard to use up.

Body

Schmidt's Sensitive Deodorant in Lavender Tips - This was the only scent I enjoyed from my Schmidts Sensitive Deodorant Sampler, but I really really did enjoy it! This was my daily go-to from the day I opened it until it was gone. I have a lot of other deodorants to get through before I repurchase this in full size, but it's definitely on my repurchase list! I didn't have any irritation whatsoever with this formula, which something I do have trouble with in the original formula. I also want to note that I have been seeing tons of Schmidt's at TJ Maxx and Marshalls lately! No sensitive formula spotted yet, but I have seen every scent and size in the baking soda formula. It's so much more affordable there! I think I might do a post sharing my best natural beauty TJ Maxx find soon, because they seem to have some wonderful stuff lately!

The Dirty Goat Avocado Body Wash - This jar had been sitting in my bathroom closet much longer than it should have. I don't know why I let it sit so long, because once I started using it again, I really enjoyed it! The label rubbed off and I can't find the product listing online anymore so I can't attest to how "clean" it is, but I do know it was unscented and felt very gentle on my skin, and the avocado base was moisturizing. The texture was like a dense whipped soap that didn't foam, but rinsed away easily.

Scrubs - I'm going to group the Fig + Yarrow Coffee Scrub and Prim Botanicals Debauchery Detox body scrub together, because I just did a review of them both here. I have been using scrubs so much lately to keep my skin glowy and smooth during shorts season!

Face

Olivia Care Rosehip Oil - This blend of almond and rosehip oil wasn't quite gone when I had to pack, but the cap was broken so I couldn't travel with it. I typically used it as a regular face oil, or  mixed in with matte foundation to get a healthy glow and lighter coverage. To use up the last of it, I decided to try it as a body oil, and I loved it! almond oil absorbs very easily into the skin, so it felt very lightweight. This was also a TJ Maxx find!

ORGAID Sheet Masks - I have recently used the Greek Yogurt and Vitamin C masks, and I am so glad I have found a healthy alternative to the beloved K-Beauty staple! I really need to spotlight some Korean inspired products and brands in the green beauty sphere, because it's totally trending but difficult to find clean alternatives. ORGAID is definitely one of the best! Their ingredients are squeaky clean, and I love that they're made in the USA! I didn't notice a huge difference between the two different masks, other than that the Greek Yogurt one was more moisturizing. Both gave my skin a nice boost, and they feel cold which helps to keep pores taut. There was a good amount of extra serum left in the packet, which I used all over my upper body.

Florapothecarie Rose & Green Tea Toner - Yes, I'm still working through my massive toner collection! I am nearing the end on two more right now, which I should finish just in time for cooler weather, when I'll be switching to my more hydrating mists. This was a really nice toner for summer, and I have a review here.

Herbivore Botanicals Blue Tansy Mask (not pictured) - I had been using this regularly last winter, but put it aside a couple of months ago in favor of a couple of my masks that have more antioxidant ingredients. I picked it up again a couple of weeks ago to finish off the last couple of applications, and now I want to repurchase it again! I was in the middle of a really bad breakout, and my skin looked infinitely better after using this three nights in a row. For a full review, click here.

Teeth

Dr Brite Cleansing Mouth Rinse - Yet another product that beckons a post all it's own! I got this mouthwash, plus the toothpaste and whitening pen, and I have been loving it all! This is not your conventional mouthwash - it contains no alcohol or other harsh ingredients. It's a gentle but effective combo of coconut oil, aloe, and activated charcoal. Perfect for those too squeamish to try oil pulling, but want a similar result. You can get 10% off with my code CAB10.

Fig + Yarrow Oral Hygiene Rinse - This mouthwash isn't going to whiten your teeth like the Dr Brite one does, but oh my goodness, the flavor is delightful! In addition to traditional peppermint, it contains cinnamon, clove, and basil for an extra boost. It's delicious and keeps my breath fresh for hours.

Now for some final thoughts and announcements! 

I have mentioned a few potential blog post ideas above, over Instagram, etc. so I have listed them out in a poll at the side of my blog, so you can vote on which you'd like to read the most! Whichever gets the most votes, I will write up first. If your first pick does't win, don't worry, I will get to it eventually! If there's a subject/product you want to know more about that's not included in the poll, please share below in the comments! I would love to hear more from my readers! 

Every time I put together a list of empties, I realize there are so many tried and true products I want to repurchase, even though there are countless new items I want to get my hands on! I don't have enough time, money, or real estate on my face to get through it all! I'm setting aside some money for Black Friday, and planning my wishlist meticulously!  
If you want to help me make room in my stash for new products to try and review, please check out my Blog Sale page. All of the products that I don't vibe with end up there so I can pass them on to someone who will love them! Every purchase helps keep my blog going, because it lets me fund more new and exciting product purchases for review! I promise you'll find some pretty great deals there too ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments