Your Guide to Shopping Clean at Ulta

by - 11:14:00 AM

Prior to switching over to non-toxic products, I spent A LOT of time and money at Ulta, and today I received an email alerting me that in order to keep my Platinum Status for 2017, I only had to spend about $80 for the rest of the year, and for a cosmetics-obsessed weirdo like me, that should be pretty easy- if I can find products to fit my new views on cosmetic safety. This inspired me to do some research, and find the safest products Ulta has to offer. I was happy to find 15 brands that fit my criteria.
Of course, this list may not satisfy the purists out there - I referred to EWG and CosDNA, and tried not to list anything with a rating higher than 3, though some overall great brands do have a few exceptions. I encourage everyone to do their own research, and consider this a starting point. If you see anything that you think truly does not belong on this list, or that I have missed a great non-toxic brand offered at Ulta, please don't hesitate to leave a comment.

Babo Botanicals - Online Only
Beautiful Life
Coola - Avoid spray sunscreens
Daily Concepts
Earthly Body - Ulta only carries one product from this brand, I have not looked into the others that are available elsewhere.
First Aid Beauty - Use your own judgement on this one. Overall they rate well on CosDNA, but some products have an ingredient rating of 4. One product I do recommend is their original facial cleanser, because it is pH balanced and clean.
Honest Beauty
Honeybee Gardens - Some products contain Ultramarines
John Masters Organics
Juice Beauty
Juice Organics
Nubian Heritage
Pacifica
Shea Moisture
Whish - Use your judgement. The only red flags I saw were fragrance ingredients, so avoid if you have a sensitivity to linalool, citral, limonene, etc. Otherwise, pretty safe.

I hope this helps my fellow clean product junkies, see ya at Ulta!

You May Also Like

0 comments