Bar Humbug Bubble Bar

by - 8:28:00 PM



Licorice has never been one of my favorite scents or flavors, but recently it has been growing on me. I decided to give Lush’s new licorice scented Christmas bubble bar a try, and I’m really glad I did. At first sniff, this small, swirly purple bubble bar appears to have a much more complex scent than what I anticipated. While the licorice is most definitely present, a sweet, lemony note of bergamot stood out to me the most. In the water, the lemon subsided and the fennel and tarragon became much more pronounced, and the air filled with a much more traditional aroma licorice. I found it smelled very comforting and cozy, perfecter winter bath.
When filling my tub, I decided to use the entire bubble bar at once, since it is on the smaller side. Also, I enjoy using an entire bar the first time I try a product just to see how vivid the water can get, and how many bubbles it can produce. Bar Humbug did not disappoint! I put my bubble bar in my strainer, and stuck attainder the tap. As soon as the water hit it, rich pinky purple water started to fill the tub, and the bubbles started to grow. By the time the bar was fully dissolved, I had a mountain of bubbles and incredibly bright and pigmented water. Between the color and the scent of this bubble bar, I think it would pair beautifully with the herbal and fuchsia Jingle Spells bath bomb.
The bubbles this created lasted a long time in the bath, and were so plentiful. I will probably only use half a bar the next time I use Bar Humbug, since it was so effective. I was really pleased with the scent and color, and it softened the water as well as most of Lush’s bath bombs. Overall, it was a fantastic and unique new addition to this year’s Christmas range.
Rating: 5/5
Price: 
  • UK - £3.65
  • US - $6.95
Status: Limited edition, Christmas 2015
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream Of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cornflour (Zea mays), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Fennel Oil (Foeniculum vulgare), Tarragon Oil (Artemisia dracynculus, Synthetic Fluorphogopite, Silver Glimmer Lustre (Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Colour 77400), Citral, Coumarin, Limonene, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Colour 77226.  

You May Also Like

0 comments