Sandy Santa Exfoliating Body Butter

by - 12:20:00 PM

I think I have discovered my ideal scrub. So far, everything I have tried from Lush has been either too harsh or to crumbly to use 100% effectively, but oh my goodness, this beauty is perfect. Not only does this product gently exfoliate your skin with sugar and sand, but it is combined with many oils and butters to leave you with soft and hydrated skin as well. I love scrubs and body butters, so a product that combines the two is always a winner. 
This deliciously tropical scrub is packed with all the best hydrating ingredients out there - murumuru butter from brazil to hydrate and protect your skin, organic shea butter to absorb easily into the skin, coconut oil to hydrate, and illipe butter to richly nourish and even combat a multitude of skin problems. 
When using this scrub in the shower, I found that this is the first that I’ve used that I have not had to cut up or crush first, in fear that it will fall apart during use. Normally Lush scrubs either fall apart very easily, as Sugar Babe does, or they are much too harsh to use without crushing them up first, like with Sugar Scrub. I found that this was the perfect consistency to rub on my body as is, and got an effective exfoliation and perfect dose of hydration, simultaneously. I use this as the very last step in the shower, after washing. This paired deliciously with Beautiful Shower Gel. While this does stay together very well, I will cut it into single-use segments next time to preserve it more effectively, otherwise it’s at risk of dissolving too quickly. This is a dense scrub that will last many showers, but it’s pricey (and limited edition) so I don’t dare waste it!
Of course, since this product is a body butter, the scent absorbs into your skin and lingers long after you have left the shower, and it really is a fantastic fragrance. Inspired by sand sculptures, this body butter’s scent conjures up images of warm, tropical beach. Coconut oil, rosewood oil, orange oil, and sandalwood oil combine to mimic the aroma of a tropical cocktail or high-end suntan oil. I don’t think I could imagine a more beachy and inviting smell.
My only complaint with Sandy Santa is the red of his hat tends to make a bit of a mess in the shower, but it is easily rinsed off the shower and skin. I would love to see this product released in the summer months in a different shape (and without the annoying red) so that I can stock up on this Holy Grail of a scrub. I am very disappointed I didn’t gab more when I had the opportunity, because this is now a solid favorite.
Rating: 6/5 (yep, it’s that good!)
Price: £5.75 ($8.59)
Status: Discontinued Christmas Product, Kitchen Exclusive
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Ingredients: Sugar, Murumuru Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Organic Shea Butter, Illipe Butter, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cream of Tartar, Sand, Lauryl Betaine, Brazilian Orange Oil, Rosewood Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone, Perfume, Colour 14700.

You May Also Like

0 comments