Potion Body Lotion

by - 11:19:00 AM

It’s a bit late in the year for a Halloween product review, but this gorgeous lotion makes for a wonderful winter scent. I was apprehensive to purchase this at first, because as you may already know, I am really not keen on floral scents, particularly rose. I ended up missing out on this in October when It was in the kitchen, and I realized afterwards that I should’ve gotten it. I kept seeing it pop up on my instagram feed, and everyone raved about how magical and spicy it smelled. Finally, I tracked down a bottle on Mercari, and after a bundle deal and a few credits, I got it for a much better price than I would’ve found on ebay, so I was ecstatic.
I received it a few days later, and I was so happy once I unscrewed the lid and took my first sniff. It truly was a magical fragrance. I was relieved that out of the two floral components, carnation was much more prominent than the rose. The carnation gives this lotion a beautiful spicy and warm scent, while the rose softens the edges and gives it a dash of femininity. Tangerine oil keeps the scent from becoming too heavy, and lends a bright citrus note to the lotion, while almond oil is slightly nutty and warm. Together, the ingredients create a fragrance that I can really only describe as absolutely magical. I do think this is a more wintry scent, because while it is not overpowering by any means, it is heavier and warming. I really hope I can get my hands on the Potion Perfume, because I would love for this to be my signature scent. It is feminine but not little girlish, I find it to be mysterious with a dash of glamour. Because I only have one bottle and I doubt it will reappear in the Kitchen again for at least another 6 months, I am rationing what I have and using it more as a perfume than a full body lotion, focusing it only on my pulse points and upper body. Luckily the scent is long lasting and strong enough to be noticed, even with this very sparse application!
I have only used Potion on my entire body once, but I use it multiple times a week on my upper body, so I feel like I have a good grasp of how it preforms on the skin. With ingredients like cocoa butter and almond oil, you can tell just from the ingredient list that this is a wonderfully hydrating concoction. Coacoa butter is supremely soft and moisturizing, and my skin just drinks it up. Almond oil’s composition is quite similar to the oils produced by your skin, so it is easily absorbed and very replenishing. I find that this lotion absorbs quickly and does not leave me feeling greasy, yet soothes and hydrates as well as a much heavier lotion would. I don’t need to top up my lotion at all at the end of the day, even with cold temperatures outside, and huddling in front of a drying space heater at work all day. I get very dry skin, so it’s not uncommon for some lotions to need a top up around dinnertime in the winter, but this one persists a full 24 hours.
I really adore this lotion, and I hope I can find another good deal on a bottle soon, and that it returns to the Kitchen next year, It really isn’t one to miss!
Rating: 5/5
Price: £10.50 ($15.75) for 250g.
Status: Kitchen Exclusive
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes!
Scent Family:
  • Almond Kisses Facial Moisturizer 
  • Holiday Bubble Bar
  • Potion Body Lotion
  • Potion Liquid Perfume
  • Ruby Red Slippers Bubble Bar
  • Santa Monica Ballistic 
Ingredients: Fresh Rose Petal Infusion, Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Fresh Tangerines, Rose Absolute, Carnation Absolute, Tangerine Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Geraniol, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative post! Shop online body butter that has a unique formula that provides 24-hour hydration and helps restore the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good for skin.
    also check latest lotion here-https://www.eanythingindian.com/beauty-ayurveda/body-care/body-lotions/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reehat Al Atoor brings you Mukhalat Reehat Al Atoor oil that comes with the tone of patchouli, rose and amber. This pleasant fragrance will be a perfect choice for a fragrance that remains with you the whole day. Order now https://reehat.com/shop/oils/mukhalat-reehat-al-atoor/

    ReplyDelete