Sugar Scrub Body Scrub

by - 11:25:00 AM

If you’re at all familiar with Lush’s Sugar Scrub Body Scrub, you’ll notice mine looks a bit different than what you’re used to.. Sugar Scrub comes as a hard, half-sphere of product with no packaging. As much as I adore this scrub and find that it works beautifully on my skin, i find that it is just too harsh to use in the original format (except perhaps on rough heels, but there’s Pumice Power for that!). Instead, I crush it up and store it in a container, as seen here. I promise I will add photos once I have repurchased this product!
I have quite sensitive skin, so using a hard clump of solid product as a scrub is just too rough on me. But after I crush it up, I can scoop out just enough, and rub in a circular motion onto my skin until it dissolves in the water. This method is gentle, but effective, and leaves my skin wonderfully exfoliated without any irritation.
I find that it is best to step out of the direct stream of water when using this, in both it’s solid bar or crumbled form. If you are using the solid form of this, the bar will quickly start to crumble and dissolve, shortening its number of uses immensely. If you are using it in the crumbled form under the water, it will dissolve even quicker, before you even have a chance to get a good exfoliation.
Aside form exfoliating, I find that this product also leaves your skin feeling quite toned without feeling tight or dry. This is from the fennel and ginger, both of which offer toning and antiseptic properties. This makes this scrub a great product for those who suffer from body acne, because it will clear your pores, and lavender oil will help to sooth and heal.
This scrub has a very green, fresh scent, no doubt from the fennel and ginger, and it is soothing and herbal from the lavender. I am really excited to pair this with my B-Electro shower gel, as they both feature Fennel as an ingredient.
Rating: 4/5
Price: 
  • UK £2.95
  • US $6.55
Status: Permanent
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Ingredients: Granulated Sugar, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Fennel, Fennel Oil, Lavender Oil, Fresh Ginger Root, Lauryl Betaine, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Chlorophyllin, 

You May Also Like

0 comments