Full of Grace Serum Bar

by - 12:17:00 PM



Full of Grace had been sitting on my wishlist for quite a while. When I first saw it in the catalog as a brand new Lushie, I was pretty intrigued. At the time, I was starting to incorporate a lot of natural oils into my skincare routine, so a bar that featured a plethora of gorgeous oils sounded like a dream to me. I let it sit on the back burner for months without purchasing because at first glance the price seems a bit steep for 20g of product, but I finally decided it was worth it and made the order. I’ve had this little serum bar in my possession for a week now, and in conjunction with my Coalface Soap, my skin certainly looks the best it has in months, if not years.
So many people tout this as a miracle for the skin- softening, reducing redness, scars, discoloration, even fine lines. While I don’t suddenly have skin as even and supple as an infant’s, I have absolutely noticed a difference. I apply this in the evening, as my moisturizer. So after cleansing and toning, I rub the bar either between my hands, or directly on my face (It’s all up to how I feel that day, both methods work equally well!) and smooth the melted oils into my skin. I love this before bed, because aside form having wonderful skincare benefits, the rose oil and chamomile blue oil are incredibly relaxing. I find the scent of this is quite similar to the Dreamtime Bath Melt, so it is definitely a calming scent, perfect for your evening routine. 
As I stated, I use this in the evening as my sole moisturizer, but you can use this underneath or on top of another moisturizer if you have incredibly dry skin, or only on certain pats of your face that need an extra boost in moisture. It really depends on your skin’s needs, and I may layer this with another moisturizer later in the winter if I notice increased dryness, and in the summer I may cut back my use. I think that this is a very versatile product, and though it was formulated for dry, sensitive skin, I think many people can benefit from it, even if you only use it as an occasional treat. One way I would not recommend using it is under a mask, which is one method Lush suggests on the website- this seems quite silly to me, from an esthetician’s standpoint. Not only are you wasting a product by washing it off with your mask after 10 minutes, when you would reap so much more benefit by leaving it on for an extended period, but the oils in the serum also create a barrier of sorts, that will prevent your mask from being absorbed fully into the skin, hindering it’s full effectiveness. I’m really not sure why they recommend using it this way, but you will notice many more benefits to your skin when keeping the two steps separate!
So, what is it exactly that makes Full of Grace so wonderful for the skin? Aside from leaving out preservatives and filler ingredients, this serum is packed full of beneficial oils. Almond oil mimics the skins own natural oils, so it won’t clog your pores, and absorbs easily. Murumuru butter is known as a miracle butter. It’s highly emollient and hydrating, and it is wonderful for acne prone skin, as it is naturally antibacterial and anti inflammatory, and also boasts many antioxidants and fatty acids. Portobello mushroom is also incredibly antioxidant rich, and contains B and C vitamins, potassium, vitamin D and ergothioneine all of which show this is a good candidate for protecting the skin from damage  Ingredients such as almond oil and murumuru butter broaden the market for Full of Grace, because while it is gentle and highly moisturizing, it has the potential to work well with oilier and acne prone conditions, as well as for anyone who is looking to protect their skin from environmental damage. I have not had any breakouts since using Full of Grace, and my skin is normally very acne prone.
Calamine powder, rose oil and infusion, and chamomile blue oil are all very soothing on the skin and should help with redness. I currently have a lot of acne in the healing stage, so my face is quite sensitive and I have a smattering of red along my jawline and temples. Since I started using this serum, I have noticed the healing process seems to be going much faster than usual and my redness is fading quickly. 
I am completely enamored with Full of Grace so far, and though I have only been using it for a short time, my skin is softer, more hydrated, and feels wonderfully soothed. I would recommend this to all skin types, and it is totally worth the price!
Rating: 5/5
Price: 
  • UK - £8.25/ 20g
  • US - $15.95/ 0.7oz
  • This is very inflated in the US, order from the UK and save almost $4!
Status: Permanant
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Ingredients: Murumuru Butter, Calamine Powder, Cupuacu Butter, Fresh Rose Petal Infusion, Organic Almond Oil, Perfume, Fresh Portobello Mushrooms, Chamomile Blue Oil, Rose Oil, Tagetes Oil, Eugenol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl, Cinnamate, Citronellol, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool

You May Also Like

1 comments