Snow Showers Shower Jelly

by - 2:14:00 PM



I must admit, I never thought I’d ever become as huge a fan of shower jellies as I am. Though my collection is still small, or perhaps because it is so small, as soon as I saw that the Cold As Ice gift set from the Kitchen contained a jelly, I was sold. The scent description sounded amazing, and as the “celebrate” scent family is one I’ve wanted to try this season, that was a total bonus.
Upon opening the tub, I smelled a very citrus scent that smelled more of grapefruit to me, than of lemon and lime. I suppose that slight bitterness could be from the cognac oil. Once the jelly hit the warm water, the scent changed slightly, and I could smell a slightly sweeter lemon- lime aroma. I really like the scent in the water, it’s very cheery and the perfect winter citrus scent.
Like all shower jellies, Snow Showers contains carrageenan extract, which is derived from seaweed, to give it a jell-o like texture. Seaweed is quite moisturizing and nourishing for the skin, in addition to giving jellies a fun texture. the cognac and citrus oils help to tone the skin, while elderflower soothes and sesame oil hydrates. I would not say this is the most moisturizing shower product I’ve tried, my skin felt quite dry and tight after my shower and I wouldn’t have lasted the rest of the day without applying lotion.
I was also slightly disappointed in the lather. my Nightwing shower jelly produces lots of lather that is easy to spread, but I felt that it took a lot of product to get a lather on my netted sponge, and I had to top up my sponge by the time I got to my legs. Luckily after a few uses, I haven’t noticed any shrinkage to speak of, so this should last me quite a long time, even though I do require more product each use.
Overall, this is a fun product with a cheerful scent. I may not go out of my way to repurchase it, but it’s a quirky product whether you choose to freeze it, cut it up, or use it as is. I will certainly use it up, and I’m excited to try it alongside my Celebrate Bath Bomb and Celebrate Lotion, for a gorgeous citrus bath combination!
Rating: 3.5/5
Price: Part of gift set, not sold individually
Status: Lush Kitchen Exclusive
Scent Family:
  • Bridal Bouquet Ballistic 
  • Celebrate Body Lotion
  • Celebrate FUN Bar
  • Celebrate Liquid Perfume
  • Celebrate Shower Gel
  • Celebrate Solid Perfume
  • Snow Showers Shower Jelly
  • Christmas Morning Bubble Bar
  • Christmas Party Bath Ballistic 
  • First Snow Dusting Powder
  • Golden Wonder Bath Ballistic
  • Snow Showers Liquid Perfume
  • Snow Showers Shower Gel
  • Snow Showers Solid Perfume
  • Supernova Bath Bomb 
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Sesame Oil, Glycerine, Elderflower Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Sweet Orange Oil, Cognac Oil, Lime Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben. 


You May Also Like

0 comments