Cosmetic Lad Moisturizer

by - 11:55:00 AM



Received Cosmetic Lad as a sample from my local store. I had gone in wanting to try Enzymion, but they were all out, so the salesgirl suggested I try Cosmetic Lad instead. This is not a moisturizer I would have chosen for my skin type, and I don’t think I would ever purchase it. I had told the girl that I have dry skin that is prone to breakouts, and I realize now that I should have emphasized my issues with acne a little more clearly, because this really isn’t a first choice for those who struggle with acne. 
I found this to be very greasy, and though I often wake up each morning with a few new breakouts no matter what product I use, I noticed my acne was substantially increased after using this moisturizer, and I had not changed any other aspect of my routine. I believe it was primarily the shea butter and cocoa butter in this product that caused the breakouts, because although these are very hydrating and nourishing ingredients for dry skin, they should be avoided by people with acne prone skin  as they are comedogenic. 
Cosmetic Lad is marketed as a good choice for those who need a product to soothe skin, especially men who suffer from post-shave irritation. There are many ingredients in here that support this claim, such as lavender, honey, aloe vera, linseed, chamomile, and marigold oil. And while it didn’t work for me, I can agree that it was extremely hydrating, not only from the she and cocoa butters, but also almond oil. It boasts antioxidant properties from wheatgrass as well.
Overall, this moisturizer is incredibly luxurious feeling and smooth, and though it feels a touch greasy and can be comedogenic, it has many soothing and healing properties that would make this a great choice for those with sensitive and dry skin. Not to mention, it smells faintly of tangerine ice cream!
Rating: 3 out of 5 Nice, but not for my skin type.
Price
  • UK- £12.95 for 45g
  • US- $24.95 for 1.5oz
Status: Permanent 
Vegan?: No, Contains honey
Would I repurchase? No
Ingredients: Lavender Honey Water, Linseed Mucilage, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Chickweed, Chamomile and Marigold Petal Extract, Organic Cold Pressed Almond Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fresh Wheatgrass Juice, Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, African Marigold Oil, Tangerine Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Triethanolamine*, Limonene*, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

You May Also Like

0 comments