Lord of Misrule Shower Cream

by - 3:37:00 PM


This is my first Halloween as a Lushie, so I was excited to see what spooky treats LUSH had in store for me. While this collection was small, I feel like they only released the cream of the crop. I was Incredibly happy that the collection featured THREE items with the Lord of Misrule scent! As soon as I read that Lord of misrule features vanilla, patchouli, and black pepper, I knew it would be a must-have, even before taking a whiff myself. This gooey green cream, perhaps reminiscent of a ghostly ectoplasm, is absolutely decadent. It is most noticeably very vanilla, but the spicy dash of black pepper and earthy patchouli save it from being too sickly sweet, and have an uplifting effect on your mood.
This shower gel also contains some ingredients that are wonderful for your skin. Wheat germ oil offers a dose of  Vitamin E, which softens and moisturizes skin and is even suspected to lessen the appearance of scars and stretch marks in high concentrations.
The consistency of this shower cream  caught me off guard. I had heard some people say it was nice and thick, as you would expect a shower cream to be. Others complained it was a little thinner than they expected, but I had no idea it was anywhere near as watery as it turned out to be  - it was even even thinner than The Olive Branch!  They must have some inconsistencies between batches, because a few weeks later I ordered a 500ml bottle from the UK for my mom, and it was thick like I had expected mine to be. I'm not too bothered by it as it's not my favorite scent, and only a tiny bottle, but I just would've liked a more luxurious texture. It does lather beautifully either way though. One nice surprise was the pretty and subtle lustre, which certainly made the concoction look extra magical, and it rinsed off easily. I would definitely repurchase this product., as long as I could be sure it's the thicker version!
Rating 4 out of 5 (-1 for consistency)
Price £4.75/$7.35 for 100g, £9.50/$14.70 for 250g, £15.95/$24.69 for 500g, £27.50/$42.57 for 1kg.
Ingredients Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Patchouli and Peppercorn Infusion (pogostermon cablin; Piper nigrum), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lactic Acid, Organic Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Black Pepper Oil (Piper nigrum), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Titanium Dioxide, Limonene, Linalool, Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide), Colour 42090, Colour 47005, Mathylparaben, Propylparaben.
Vegan? Yes!
Would I repurchase? Yes
Goes Well With Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb, Butterball Bath Bomb, Aliens & Monsters Fun, The Rough With The Smooth Body Scrub

You May Also Like

0 comments