Milky Bath Bubble Bar

by - 9:30:00 AM



I ordered this bubble bar while it was still  a UK exclusive, so I didn’t have a chance to smell it before purchase. When it arrived, I was pretty surprised at the scent. On the website, it lists orange oil and patchouli oil as the main fragrances, so I was expecting something citrus and earthy, perhaps softened by the skimmed milk. When I took this out of the box however, all I could smell was a very clean floral smell reminiscent of laundry detergent or baby wipes. I am not a fan of floral, soapy smells in the bath - I much prefer something sweet and fruity, or earthy and spicy. Despite this, the bubble bar contained skin softening ingredients like skimmed milk and cocoa butter so I decided to give it a try.
I popped he bar in my strainer and stuck it under the tap.When trying a new bubble bar I usually use the entire thing, just to see how many bubbles it can produce. While this bar produced a good amount of bubbles for this bath, it probably would not be worth it to spread the bar across two baths, as it wasn’t an impressive amount of bubbles by any means, and about ¼ of them dissipated within the first 5 minutes before leveling off to a standard amount of bubbles for the remainder of the bath.
I did notice the scent of the bar amplified upon meeting the water. I really couldn’t help but imagine myself soaking in a bath fragranced with nothing more than laundry detergent. While this would make a lovely scent for clean clothes, I don’t exactly want to bathe in it. I feel like lush missed an opportunity here. Perhaps it is the patchouli that gives this soapy scent, though I would find it surprising. If so, I feel like almond absolute or almond oil would’ve done an excellent job in it’s place, creating a sweet, soft scent as well as contributing wonderful skin nourishing properties, and mingling beautifully with the orange oil. Out of the bath, this left a light, clean fragrance on the skin that lasted for hours, and was much more pleasant than the overpowering scent in the bath.
This bar did soften the bath water, and I feel like it did a decent job at softening the skin, though once I removed myself from the tub I felt incredibly soapy, so I had to give myself a good rinse under the showerhead to make sure my skin didn’t get dried out. I don’t usually feel the need to have a super thorough rinse after other bubble bars like The Comforter or the old formulation of Karma, so I feel like that is a good indication of just how soapy this bubble bar is.
Overall, I feel like this bubble bar was not suited to my tastes, but those who enjoy a fresh and lightly floral scent will adore this. It doesn’t make for the most exciting looking bath because the water stays clear, but it produces a good amount of bubbles when you use the entire bar and smells very clean.
Rating: 3, Ok, but not my taste.
Price:  £3.75/ $7.95 ($2.15 more in the US, wtf!!!)
Status: Permanent Item, worldwide.
Vegan?: No, contains skimmed milk
Would I repurchase? No
Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Skimmed Milk, Corn Starch (Zea Mays), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), Glycerine, Fragrance, Orange Oil (Citrus Sinensis), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Laureth 4, Silver Lustre and Silver Glimmer (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Synthetic Mica), Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Lilial, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, *Linalool . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

You May Also Like

0 comments