BB Seaweed Face Mask

by - 11:20:00 AM

As a licensed esthetician, I would most definitely say a good face mask (or any skincare products really) gets me a lil bit excited. As soon as I saw this one with all the fresh and interesting ingredients, I knew I needed to try it.


My two main skin concerns are acne and sensitivity, and the ingredients in this mask tackle both of those problems beautifully. When treating acne, it’s best to use products and ingredients that will soothe, cleanse, and act as an antiseptic because acne occurs when a sebaceous gland or hair follicle becomes inflamed or infected. Lime tree flower, honey, and rosemary lend this mask their antiseptic properties, while Kaolin, like most clays,is useful in masks to absorb excess oil. Along with ground almonds, it also helps to give this mask its exfoliating texture. Sweet Violet Leaf is healing and gentle, which helps to soothe and heal existing acne or other skin irritations, and the various rose ingredients calm redness. Seaweed, this Mask’s namesake, is a powerhouse ingredient that not only soothes irritation, but is rich in vitamins A, C and E. Olive oil is used to add some moisture to the skin.

 It is important to mention that masks are most effective when used on clean skin, after you have steamed your face, so your pores are open and able to absorb the ingredients of the mask. I love using this after the Tea Tree Toner Tab, which is excellent for acne prone skin. To apply my product, I scoop a generous amount out with a wooden spatula (you can find them at craft stores, amazon, or cosmetic stores) because this prevents any contamination from your hands from getting into your product. This is really my only complaint about many of lush’s products- dipping your hand into a big black pot to scoop out your lotion, moisturiser, etc, is so unsanitary. I really wish they would transfer their creamier products into shower gel style bottles so consumers don’t have to contaminate their products or create excess waste by using spatulas….but, I am getting off topic. I apply the mask to my entire face, in an even layer. There are chunks of seaweed in this mask which may be annoying and clumpy, and it’s perfectly fine to dispose of these while you apply the mask. Once the mask is on, I let it set for 10 minutes.

This mask contains clay, so it does dry while it sits on the skin. This drying process helps to draw out impurities, gently stimulate facial muscles, and soak up excess oil. With the amount I use, it is usually dry by the 10 min mark. To remove the mask, I splash my face with water to reconstitute the mask, and gently rub my face all over to loosen the mask and take advantage of the exfoliating aspect of the product. Next I rinse my face with water til the mask is gone.

After removal, my face felt incredibly soft. Despite your face feeling very dry and tight while the mask is on, you manage to come away with very moisturised and fresh feeling skin. After a spritz of toner and a dollop of moisturiser, I was absolutely glowing. I noticed a reduction of redness after use, and my acne began to heal and I had no new breakouts the next day. I’m on a long journey trying to find the perfect skincare routine to tackle my problem skin, and this is one product that I am happy to include permanently.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Price: £6.75 for 75g/ $7.95 for 2.1oz

Status: Permanent

Vegan?: No, contains honey.

Would I repurchase?: Yes

Ingredients:Lime Tree Flower (Tilia Europaea) & Sweet Violet Leaf (Viola Odorata) Decoction, Kaolin, Honey, Glycerine, Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Bladderwrack Seaweed (Fucus gardneri), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Millet Flakes (Panicum miliaceum), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Bentone Gel, Fresh Rose Petal (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Citral, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Fragrance . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

You May Also Like

0 comments