Krysztal Solid Deodorant - Kitchen Exclusive

by - 1:23:00 PM



I’m not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed in this product. I had never tried a LUSH deodorant before, so I was expecting a slightly more traditional consistency (meaning solid, yet creamy), but this was just a compacted powder, and it is so very messy. When I recieved the bar, the wax on the bottom had completely come off (2nd photo), so now whenever I put it down somewhere, it leaves a powdery pile behind, wasting tons of product.
I applied this after an evening shower, and the first thing I noticed, was the incredible stinging sensation- I hadn’t even shaved my underarms since the previous evening, so I can only imagine how painful this would be on freshly shaved or waxed underarms. I’m not sure which of the ingredients might have been irritating, though I suspect it was most likely the sodium bicarbonate, despite LUSH’s claims that it is a soothing ingredient. Also, the product is quite coarse, which I’m sure does not help.
As for protection against perspiration… again, I’m not too thrilled. I honestly didn’t feel like it did much to keep me dry. I rarely sweat, especially now that the weather is cooling down, but I felt that this did nothing to keep me dry- I actually felt consistently damp throughout the day, which does not happen even when I go without deodorant altogether!
The sole redeeming quality in this deodorant would have to be it’s scent. It’s deliciously citrusy and very clean smelling. Unfortunately, as with every other deodorant brand I’ve tried, it just doesn’t mix well with or mask my natural scent. As I stated, I’m not a sweaty or stinky person, but for some reason once I add a scented deodorant to the mix, some strange reaction happens and I just smell worse. I must just have some strange pheromone that doesn’t jive well with perfumes… so the search will continue.
So overall, I would not repurchase this should It be available in the Kitchen again, though I would suggest you to try it out for yourself before I say I wouldn’t recommend it, as everyone is a bit different. When looking at reviews for LUSH’s T’eo Deodorant, I saw many people who had the same problems as I did with Krysztal, but then there were others who absolutely raved about it. This is the type of item that you either love or hate, and I have a feeling that if you enjoy T’eo, you will likely enjoy Krysztal because they are very similar in composition. But, it was just not for me. I think I will give it a few more tries, experimenting with different methods of application, and keep you updated.
Rating: 1 out of 5
Price:  £5.00 ($7.74) for 90g.
Status: Kitchen Exclusive
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase? No
Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of tartar (Tartaric acid), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Black Wax (Specerit Black Z), Magnesium Carbonate, Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Lime Oil (Citrus auranfifoli), Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonium), Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

You May Also Like

0 comments