Dirty Soap

by - 11:00:00 AM


I had received this soap as a sample in my very first Lush order, over a year ago. At the time, I wasn’t too interested in anything other than bath bombs and bubble bars (as it happens with most new Lushies), and I certainly wasn’t an avid user of bar soap. Consequently, I took a sniff, thought it was ok, and stashed it in a drawer, not to be acknowledged again until a year later. While organizing my stash, I rediscovered this little sliver of minty soap and decided to give it a try. After trying Karma from a gift set and ordering Miranda on a whim, I now consider myself a true fan of Lush’s bar soaps and jump on the chance to try anything new.
While (to my dismay) the bar soap is no longer available, there are many other products that share it’s scent- a perfume available in 3 formats, a shower gel (a favorite of my boyfriend’s), shaving cream, styling cream, and quite a few others. It’s a fresh minty fragrance, that does a beautiful job at waking you up in the morning. I found this to be a softer mint scent, while it was undeniably fresh and minty and gave you a slight cooling sensation on the skin, it is a little sweeter, and a touch herbal. I believe the softness comes from the coconut oil, and the herbalness stems from the thyme, though it is very gentle and can easily go unnoticed. It is a very beautiful fragrance that seemed very unisex to me. 
This soap created a velvety lather, with a large amount of very tiny bubbles, making it feel moisturising and luxurious. The coconut and rapeseed oils both contribute to a more moisturizing cleanse. I found that after a shower with this soap, my skin was slightly less stripped feeling than with other bar soaps.
I really enjoyed this soap, and I’m very disappointed it has been discontinued. I hope it makes an appearance in the Kitchen sometime soon, but until then I’l be savoring my lovely little sample.
Rating: 5 out of 5
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Status: Discontinued
Vegan?: Yes.
Price: £4.10 for 100g
Scent Family:
  • Dirty Body Spray
  • Dirty Liquid Perfume
  • Dirty Massage Bar 
  • Dirty Soap
  • Dirty Solid Perfume
  • Dirty Springwash Shower Gel
  • Dirty Styling Cream 
  • Dirty Toothy Tabs 
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Glycerine, Spearmint Oil, Thyme Oil, Menthol Crystals, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone, Colour 77499, Colour 61570, Colour 77019, Colour 77891. 

You May Also Like

0 comments