Fairy Dust Dusting Powder

by - 10:08:00 AM





The moment I saw Fairy Dust, I knew I had to have it. I am obsessed with anything pink and glittery, so this was absolutely perfect for me. When I first saw this online, I had a dream sequence in my head of me sitting at my vanity in a silk robe, dusting my shoulders in this gorgeous powder with an old hollywood style powder puff. So, naturally, I ordered not only this gorgeous powder, but hopped over to Etsy and scoured the site for a powder puff and antique powder jar so I could live out this image of glamour.


About a week later, all three items had arrived, and I could finally try the powder and get its full effect. I poured the powder into my glass jar, I was overwhelmed with the gorgeous scent of bubblegum. I greedily dipped my powder puff into the jar, and carefully patted it all over my body. Once I was done, I felt like I had transformed into Princess Bubblegum. A gentle, sweet fragrance and subtle shimmer covered my skin, and it felt incredibly soft.


One of Lush's many dusting powders, Fairy Dust is only with us for a short time, as it is part of the Holiday collection. Though the bottle is small at only 70g, the contents are quite compressed and I noticed that even though I emptied what should have been 1/3 of the contents into my powder jar, the bottle still remained very full. A little of this goes a long way, and I can imagine this small bottle lasting a good 6 months, probably longer, even with daily use. I highly recommend that lovers of the classic Snow Fairy fragrance add on a bottle or two of this dusting powder to their annual order of shower gel, because while perhaps not a necessity, it will leave the scent of your favorite shower gel lingering on your skin all day. I found that after applying this after my morning shower, the scent stayed with me til the late afternoon. Unfortunately the majority of the luster disappeared after the first hour, but I can understand this being a positive aspect for those who don't want to look like a disco ball at 11am.

This silky powder contains corn flour, which means it is incredibly soft and smooth. While this is a wonderful product for absorbing excess oils (I've tried it as a dry shampoo and loved it!) cornflour has a relatively high oil content of it's own so it won't leave your skin completely sapped of oil. This powder is very versatile, and can be sprinkled into your shoes to keep them fresh, onto your bed sheets to give them a lovely sweet scent (I could see this being a wonderful use for a lavender scented powder!), as a dry shampoo, and really any other use you can think of. I really hope this returns next year, because it really does make you feel absolutely glamorous!

Rating: 4/5, only because the luster is not long-lasting
Price: £5.95 ($9.04)
Status: UK Exclusive, Christmas 2015 
Scent Family:
  • Best Washes Wash Card
  • Bubblegum Lip Scrub
  • Candy Fluff Ballistic
  • Candy Fluff Perfume
  • Candy Fluff Dusting Powder
  • Fairy Dust Dusting Powder
  • Father Christmas Bath Bomb
  • Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb
  • Godmother Soap
  • Lush Mechanic Cold-Pressed Soap
  • Magic Wand Bubble Bar
  • Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil
  • Mmmelting Marshmallow Bath Melt
  • Pink Easter Egg Ballistic
  • Snow Fairy Lip Tint
  • Snow Fairy Liquid Perfume
  • Snow Fairy Shower Gel
  • Snow Fairy Sparkle Massage Bar
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Ingredients: Cornflour, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Synthetic Musk, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Citral, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Snowflake Lustre and Fandango Lustre.
Featured in this post:
Antique Fenton Glass Powder Jar from Hit of Miss Treasures on Etsy
Luxury Natural Merino Wool Powder Puff (mine is the Pink Crystal Handle version) from Soapsmith on Etsy

You May Also Like

0 comments