Super Tramp Shower Gel - Kitchen Exclusive

by - 9:04:00 AM



I took a risk ordering this from the Kitchen, and after using it multiple  times, I’m not really sure where I stand with it in regards to scent. It’s hard to bring up Supertramp without someone comparing it to Tramp and Smaragadine. Tramp was a well loved shower gel that was discontinued a few years ago, and is highly sought after. I am not sure why i was discontinued, I heard that it was because it contained oakmoss, and there were new regulations involving the ingredient, but Lush Still carries a handful of other products with oakmoss, so I’m not really sure. Either way, Tramp was removed, the oakmoss was taken out, a plethora of new ingredients were added, and it was renamed and reissued as Supertramp. Many people say that with the addition of the new ingredients, it’s a Tramp and Smaragadine hybrid, that falls short of both of the originals.
I never had the chance to smell Tramp or Smaragadine, but the scent of Supertramp is complex, and I really cannot decide if I like it or hate it. The scent that I find to me the most noticeable in the bottle is a woody, spicy scent that I imagine comes from the patchouli, sandalwood, ginger and allspice . Under this earthy spice, the peppermint is very noticeable. Though this product contains rose and lavender, I really can’t detect any floral notes whatsoever. The fruity, citrus notes of petitgrain are also hard to detect. In the shower, the scent is almost completely taken over by a smokiness from the patchouli. This is a very masculine scent, if you’re looking for something sweet, floral, or fruity, you certainly won’t find it here. While I like a more earthy, musky, and spicy scent, I cannot decide if this is just a little too over the top for me,
As a shower gel, this thick, emerald green liquid performs well. It lathers beautifully in a netted sponge and cleanses the skin thoroughly without drying you out. The white horehound and peppermint leaf infusion is wonderful for stimulating circulation, and helps to give skin a healthy glow.
Rating: 3 out of 5
Price: £11.95
Status: Kitchen Exclusive, Last released Oct 9th, 2015
Scent Family: Supertramp Bubble Bar
Vegan?:  Yes
Would I repurchase? Probably not
Ingredients: White Horehound and Peppermint Leaf, Herb, Rose Petal and Lavender Flower Infusion, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Fine Sea Salt, Organic Orange Peel Decoction, Patchouli Oil, Petitgrain Oil,  Pimento Berry Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Ginger Oil, Plantain Vinegar Gel, Perfume, Methyl Ionone, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Chlorophyllin, Methylparaben.

You May Also Like

0 comments