Herbalism Face & Body Cleanser

by - 4:07:00 PM



Herbalism Face and Body Cleanser
The name Herbalism certainly suits this product to a T. Upon opening my generous sample, I got a lovely whiff of a very green, herbal smell, from the combination of rosemary, sage, nettle, and chlorophyll. Herbalism isn’t a typical facial cleanser, instead of being a liquid, it is a moist powder, exactly how you’d imagine the texture would be for a mixture of ground up herbs, almonds, and clay. To use, you scoop out a generous amount for my face, I use about a teaspoon worth of the product, and mix it with a few drops of water until it forms a milky paste. Apply the paste to your damp face, massaging in circular motions, outward from the nose, then rinse off.
In theory, this is a fantastic cleanser for tackling acne. It has antiseptic, astringent, and anti inflammatory properties from the sage, chamomile blue, nettle, and rosemary.Chlorophyll regulates sebum production, so this is fantastic for those with oilier skin. Kaolin and ground almond exfoliate, while vinegar balances the pH of the skin.
I felt that while this was very softening, balancing, and moisturising, it was “soapy” enough to cut through makeup, so I would highly recommend using this in conjunction with a makeup remover, or, since my current makeup remover doesn’t quite do the job, I reserve this for use in the morning when I have nothing on my face except the previous night’s skincare. I didn’t find that this particularly helped with acne, I actually think I might’ve broken out a little more after use with this, which was really disappointing. My skin is currently undergoing some changes, and I am incredibly acne prone a the moment, so while this was not the perfect fit for me now, I hope to pick up another sample in a couple of months and try again. This was a very natural feeling cleanser with a lovely exfoliant, so I really hope I can get along with it in the future.
Rating: 2.5 out of 5
Price: Small -  $13.95 for 3.5oz / £6.95 for 100g Large -  £17.35 for 250g / $33.95 for 8.4oz
Status: Permanent
Vegan?:Yes
Would I repurchase? Not until I sample it again
Ingredients:  Ground Almonds, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin Water, Nettle, Rosemary and Rice Vinegar Extract, Rice Bran, Gardenia Extract, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Sage Oil, Perfume.

You May Also Like

0 comments