Jacko Bath Bomb

by - 8:55:00 PM


I love many different kinds of scents- sweet, fruity, herbal... but warm and spicy cinnamon & cloves scent is by far my favorite. When Jacko appeared in the Lush Kitchen at the end of October, I felt an insatiable hunger to obtain as many bath bombs as I could get my hands on. Of course, being the dummy that I am, I somehow only came away with one. My lone Jacko arrived, and I was just as in love with the scent as I had expected to be, and so the hunger didn’t cease. 
I made it my mission to track down more of this wonderful bomb to creat my pumpkin army. The week after the UK Kitchen hosted Jacko, he moved along to the Japanese Kitchen. I joined a group ordering group on Facebook in hopes of obtaining him and everything seemed to be going smoothly for me to order two (and a Witches Ball Bubble Bar) but then I never heard back from the group moderator, despite her assuring me she would place my order. A few days later, someone contacted me through instagram offering to sell me one of hers. I responded, never heard back, and started to give up hope. I checked ebay nearly every day, hoping one would appear,but the only ones that did were absurdly priced. As much as I love Jacko, I would never spend $20 on a single bath bomb. Fast forward to this Monday, I decided to sign up for the app Mercari because I had heard they often had a lot of rare Lush stuff. Lo and behold, I found a Jacko instantly, and was able to bundle him with multiple other items I had been in search of, to get a good deal. Now that I had another Jacko secured, I finally felt I could use my original, just in time for a Thanksgiving bath.
Pumpkin pie is a very popular and rather traditional dessert served here in the US at Thanksgiving. So, of course, what better product to use on Thanksgiving than a bath bomb that shares so many spices with the delicious smelling pie? Jacko’s scent is first and foremost cloves and cardamom, and this is amplified once it hits the water. these spices are warm, strong, and spicy, and nothing smells more like fall. Spearmint also makes an appearance, but is quite subtle, which was a relief to me because I don’t particularly like the idea of mint and cloves together. Luckily, the combination works beautifully together to create a comforting, spicy treat.
Jacko is a fast fizzer, which is probably to be expected since it is relatively small as well as flat. I love a bath bomb that puts on a good show, but of course I can appreciate a more tame display as well. Jacko is just a simple orange bomb, he doesn’t offer a glitter or a thousand colors, but to me, that is perfectly fine. I was surprised by how vividly colored the water was, because at first glance, Jacko is quite chalky and pale. Instead of the weak orangey waters you expect, you’re provided with a beautiful pool of rich orange water to soak in.
I used Pumpkin soap to wash up with, which shares the same scent as Jacko, and the two went together beautifully. It added to and emphasized the clove and cardamom scent wonderfully, and I left the tub smelling good enough to eat.
While the search is not over by any means, I am so glad I was able to experience Jacko, and I will soon have a second stashed away safely. 
Rating: 5/5
Price: £3.50 ($5.25)
Status: Retired/Kitchen Item
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase? Yes
Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cardamom Oil, Clove Bud Oil, Spearmint Oil, *Cinnamal, *Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 15510.






You May Also Like

0 comments