Something Wicked This Way Comes Luxury Bath Melt

by - 4:31:00 PM




Out of all of the colorful, exciting, and bubbly bath products Lush offers, the bath melts are always my favorite. Though usually quite tame in the water, bath melts are the most nourishing bath product that Lush offers, and usually offer beautiful scents and an overall wholesome and relaxing bathing experience. I was ready to absolutely adore this ginger scented purple bar, and ordered two from the kitchen, anticipating that I’d regret ordering just one. 

I received my order, and though the melts smelled pleasant, I was disappointed that they were not more spicy. I was expecting a full-on gingery scent with undertones of jasmine, almond, and oakmoss, something spicy with a hint of sweetness, as well as a floral woodiness. Overall the smell felt extremely one dimensional and flat, not anywhere near as magical as you’d expect from a purple product with such a name. The actual scent is difficult to describe, I suppose it just smells like ginger, but without the spicy kick.
As the bath melt melted in the water, it was a beautiful sight. a rich purple pool of cocoa butter with  pink and blue swirling through. I did not fill my tub as much as I do with a bubble bar or bath bomb because I wanted the skin nourishing ingredients to be as concentrated as possible. Despite the lesser amount of water, this melt did not change the color of the water aside from making it fairly cloudy, but, even worse, was not all that moisturizing. I may be spoiled by Ceridwen’s cauldron, which is nearly twice the size and does an amazing job, but I know that classic Dreamtime is the same size as Something Wicked and still offers a generous amount of moisture. In the tub, the water hardly felt softened, and out of the water, my skin was only slightly more moisturized than it would be after a bath with a bubble bar or bath bomb. I did not need to use lotion on my entire body, but my problem areas like my elbows and feet were not sufficiently quenched from the bath. This is not an issue I’ve ever run into with other bath melts.
This may be my most disappointing Kitchen purchase since Krysztal Solid Deodorant. Or perhaps even more disappointing, because at least the deodorant smelled wonderful. This fell short of expectations in every category, and I don’t plan to purchase it again, should it return to the Kitchen.
Rating: 2.5/5
Price:  £4
Status: Retired/ Kitchen Exclusive
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase? No
Ingredients: Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Laureth 4, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Perfume, Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinale), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Oakmoss Absolute (Evernia prunastri), Colour 77007, Colour 18050, Colour 61585.

You May Also Like

0 comments