Jason & The Argan Oil Shampoo Bar

by - 2:16:00 PM


As someone with dry and very curly hair, I’m not one to shampoo very often because traditional shampoos tend to be very stripping. I liked the idea of Jason and the Argan Oil because it sounded less harsh than other shampoos, and it contains argan oil, which my hair absolutely adores. This is the first shampoo bar I’ve ever tried.
I was surprised by how much of a lather this little bar produced. My hair felt very fresh and clean after using this, but it did feel more stripped than expected, which was disappointing. I can’t imagine using this without following up with a conditioner, though I’ve seen people with different hair types say they do not condition. I didn’t really notice that my hair was significantly more manageable after using this, though it did feel softer. (EDIT: After a couple more uses (followed by conditioner) my hair became very dry. My I had to use about 4x the amount of argan oil I normally use on my dry hair, because it was completely stripped, lacking any trace of natural oil and shine. I will  use this very sparingly, only on occasions when my hair is needing an intensely clarifying wash.)
When choosing my products, I tend to look at ingredients and how they will effect my hair/skin etc first, keeping scent secondary. If a product works well but smells less than pleasant, I’d rather stick it out and reap the rewards of healthy hair or skin instead of passing up the product due to scent. This was my mindset when I chose this shampoo bar. I am not a fan of florals, and I really dislike rose scent- it honestly just gives me a headache. But, I decided that the argan oil and lemon oil both sounded like they would work well on my hair, so I decided to give it a go. While I wasn’t impressed with the overall performance of this product, once your hair dries, the rose scent becomes very faint and pretty much unnoticeable so I didn’t find it bothersome after use. While I won’t be repurchasing this product, it does a good job cleaning, so I will use it up.
I have not completely given up on shampoo bars, as I love that the last a long time and produce no wasteful packaging, so I plan to try Lady Godiva next. Also, my boyfriend uses Seanik and loves it, so I may borrow that from him to see how it works with my curly hair as opposed to his straight hair.
Rating 2 out of 5 (+2 for the thorough cleaning job, -3 for over drying my hair and the scent)
Price: £5.95/$10.95 (£1.14/ $1.76 cheaper in UK!) for 55g/1.9oz
Status Permanent
Vegan? Yes
Would I repurchase? No
Ingredients Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, AgarWater (Aqua), Argan Oil, Glycerine, Perfume, Organic Rose Absolute, Geranium Oil, Rose Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil*, Limonene, Coumarin, Citronellol, Geraniol, Colour 17200

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile
    Argan Oil benefits in Uk
    Best anti ageing in Uk
    Best facial oil in Uk
    Natural skincare in Uk
    Active ingredients in Uk
    Skin Hydration in Uk
    Pure Argan Oil in Uk

    ReplyDelete