Sugar Babe Body Scrub

by - 11:11:00 AM

Sugar Babe was in the Lush Kitchen the very first time I discovered the Kitchen, and among a few other items, made it into my first order. The description sounded lovely - like a softer, floral version of Sugar Scrub, a product that has become a staple in my stash. 
Once my order arrived, I unwrapped Sugar Babe, and I could already tell it was going to be a lovely scrub. Presenting itself in a form reminiscent of a half snowball, this pure white scrub bar is the same size and shape as Sugar Babe, but much softer and more crumbly to the touch.  My only issue with Sugar Scrub is that it is very abrasive, and I need to break it down before use, but that can be difficult because it is very dense and not easy to break. Sugar Babe on the other hand, is easily segmented into the perfect amount for multiple showers. I chose to cut mine into quarters so that this will last me 4 showers. Upon slicing into it (I used a knife for better accuracy but this could be broken by hand just as easily) it revealed a bright red dot on the interior. I don’t think this burst of color serves any skin-benefiting function, but it does look pretty. 
When using Sugar Babe, it is important to keep it out of the flow of the water, because since it is all sugar, it will dissolve quickly. I place the segment that I’m about to use on the side of the tub, and the rest is stored in a recycled black pot in my bathroom closet, safe from humidity. After I wash and rinse my skin thoroughly, I step out of the direct stream of the shower head, and take my segment of Sugar Babe in hand, and crumble it into a mound of what looks like granulated sugar. I rub the granules all over my skin, in gentle circular motions, then rinse off.
Sugar Babe is a wonderful everyday exfoliant. It’s probably not the most effective on areas that need heavy duty exfoliation, but for gentle exfoliation a few times a week, it works beautifully. Aside from exfoliating, it does a lovely job moisturizing the skin. Coconut oil and beeswax work to lock in moisture, so when paired with the exfoliating sugar, you’re left with soft and hydrated skin. I didn’t feel at all greasy after this either.
This scrub is strongly scented, and the perfume lingers on your skin for a long time after use. Ylang Ylang, and Mimosa offer a very floral scent, that I found to be very slightly powdery. Coconut oil also offers a slight hint of creamy sweetness, though I think a more pronounced coconut scent would be beautiful, because I’m not a huge fan of floral scents.
Overall, this scrub is a fantastic choice for those who enjoy Sugar Scrub, but crave a gentler and more moisturizing alternative. It’s lingering floral scent is sure to please any floral lovers as well.
Rating: 4.5/5
Price: £3.50
Status: Discontinued/Kitchen Exclusive
Vegan?: No, contains Beeswax
Would I repurchase? Yes
Ingredients:  Fair Trade Sugar, Sodium Bicarbonate, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cream of Tartar (Tartaric Acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Mimosa Absolute (Mimosa tenuiflora), Beeswax Absolute (Cera alba), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, *Coumarin, Benzyl Salicylate, Perfume, Colour 73360 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

You May Also Like

0 comments