Aliens & Monsters FUN

by - 1:58:00 PM





I was excited to try this Fun because of the novelty of a yummy smelling moldable bath product, but I really didn’t expect much when it came to the it’s overall performance. 
This bright tri-color log of moldable soap carries the same strong and sweet scent of Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb and Shower Gel, as well as The Rough With The Smooth Shower Scrub. It was very strongly scented, even through the wrapper. The scent grew even stronger when I opened the wrapper and started to mold it into mini bubble bars. Even though I like the LOM scent, I had been smelling quite a lot of it lately, and it became pretty overpowering for me. I was also frustrated when I was molding the Fun, because it was much more crumbly and drier than I had anticipated. After some struggle, I was able to form my swirly bubble bars by rolling out the colors, stacking them, then rolling it up jellyroll style, and slicing it into 4 pieces. By the time I was done my head was hazy with the scent so I wrapped them all up and threw them in with all my other products and decided to forget about it for a while. 
Fast forward a couple weeks, and I was craving a sweetly scented bath. I rediscovered my little handcrafted rolls, and was happy to discover the scent had mellowed slightly. I grabbed one of the rolls, set in a strainer, and held it under the tap. Ond I just could not believe the luxurious bath that formed. I was worried what color the water would turn, because I had taken the risk of mixing purple and pink with bright green.. I was expecting a murky color, but was surprised to discover it created a beautiful, rich mauve purple which is one of my favorite colors. The bubbles this created were fluffy and plentiful as well. 
I didn’t find that the Fun did much benefit to my skin, aside from making it feel very clean, so I added a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil to the bath so I wouldn’t feel too dry after exiting the bath. The scent of the coconut mingled nicely with the vanilla scent of the Fun. 
Overall, the bath was very pleasant. The scent mellowed out and stayed through the entire bath, he bubbles were very nice, though they disappeared more quickly than a bubble bar would’ve. Also, I will get 4 baths out of this product (and that’s with a generous amount of bubbles, many people could stretch it to 6 baths), so I think it is pretty cost effective.

Rating: 4 out of 5
Scent Family: Lord of Misrule
Price: £5.00/$6.95 (Much cheaper from US)
Status: Halloween 2015 Limited Edition
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Ingredients: Cornstarch (Zea mays), Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Black Pepper Oil (Piper nigrum), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Limonene, Fragrance, Red 33, Blue 1 . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

You May Also Like

0 comments