Big Blue

by - 9:41:00 AM

Big Blue is one of Lush’s more popular bath bombs, often mixed with Sunnyside to create a shimmery turquoise cocktail known as “Mermaid Water”. I skipped the bubble bar and tried this strikingly blue bomb all by itself, and enjoyed every moment.
This ocean inspired bomb is packed full with wonderful treats from the sea. Nourishing Arame seaweed is used to detoxify, soothe, soften, and protect the skin against moisture loss. Unrefined coarse and fine sea salt are added for their astringent and cleansing effects, as well as beneficial minerals like sodium and magnesium. Sea salts are also thought to promote healing and contain anti-inflammatory and muscle soothing properties, which will be of benefit post-workout, to relieve menstrual cramps, and to reduce the pain of arthritis. I suffer from severe cramps as well as arthritis in most of my joints, so this bath bomb is truly a miracle for me!
This bomb also contains lovely ingredients that hail from dry land, such as lemon oil and lavender. Lemon oil brightens and cleanses skin, while lavender acts as an aromatic to promote relaxation as well as soothe joint pain. The combination of the two create a light, clean scent. The lemon oil is uplifting, while the lavender is calming, and the salt and seaweed give a hint of the sea.
I found this bath bomb very softening, and I felt refreshed, relaxed, and clean once I got out of the tum. My skin was lightly fragranced for a while afterward. I really enjoyed the relief this bomb brought my joints, and I will surely be repurchasing it as a staple in my stash. I know some people have concerns about the seaweed because it leaves behind quite a lot of it, and while this is not an issue for me, I can understand how it would be worrisome. An easy solution would be to drop the bomb into the oe of an old pair of tights and cut it off at the ankle, (or wrap it up in cheesecloth), secure the top, and drop it in the bath. this way, the bomb is free to dissolve in the water and release its nutrients, but the messy stuff stays inside the little sachet. It’s also a great way to recycle a pair of ruined tights!
Rating: 5 out of 5
Price: £3.50/$6.50
Status: Permanent
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Ingredients:  Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt, Fine Sea Salt, Perfume, Arame Seaweed, Lemon Oil, Lavender Oil, Seaweed Absolute, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090, Colour 19140.

You May Also Like

0 comments