Jackie Oates Color Supplement

by - 7:21:00 PM





I am an incredibly pale person, there’s no denying it. I have searched high and low for the perfect match when it comes to foundation, and no brand ever seems to carry the perfect shade. On the rare occasion that I find a color that works for me, the texture or finish is all wrong, or it triggers a breakout. When I first got into Lush, I sat flipping through one of the catalogues, and I was very intrigued by their line of color supplements. with only 5 shades available, I assumed they wouldn’t have the right fit for me, but the next time I went into Lush I decided to just go for it. 

Upon first application, I was stunned. The color perfectly melded with my skin tone, and gave me a decent amount of coverage. It blended beautifully and without streaking. This is by no means a heavy coverage foundation, but I find that it is pretty buildable, and works well for an everyday foundation. I have spotty skin, and this covers all but the reddest of my breakouts. This can be applied in a number of ways, Lush suggests mixing with a moisturizer as a skin tint (I don’t find this gives me any coverage), mixed with another foundation to give you the perfect shade, or directly to the skin as it is. I use as my foundation. I use a buffing foundation brush to apply, but a damp foundation sponge would work just as well. I do not recommend using your fingers, because it will be difficult to obtain an even finish, and I find that I use more product if I use my fingers. 
Here are some before and after photos showing the product's coverage:
Before Foundation
With Foundation
I suffer from dry skin in the winter, and this foundation is quite hydrating without feeling greasy. It leaves a healthy, dewy finish, and since it is so hydrating, you can comfortably apply a powder on top for extra coverage or to mattify, without feeling dry or tight. My skin loves the consistency of this product. with other foundation, I would find that I would look cakey or that the foundation would shrink around my pores, but I don’t have either of these issues here. It looks and feels incredibly natural.
Many people with fair skin suffer from redness, and I am one of those people. Jackie Oates was formulated with oats and rosehip oil which are both used to calm redness. Aloe vera was added to soothe sensitivity, and honey provides moisturizing and antiseptic properties which will help combat dryness and acne. I should note that it also contains shea butter which can be comedogenic, but I have found that my acne has decreased since using this so I have not reacted adversely to the shea butter. 
This has definitely become my holy grail foundation. I have used it everyday for over two months now, and I still have at least half of the jar left. The only area in which this could be improved upon would be the coverage, but as it stands, I get along just fine with the coverage it provides.

Rating4/5 
Price: 
  • UK £9.95/20g
  • US $17.95/0.7oz
Status: Permanent 
Vegan?: No, Contains Honey.
Would I repurchase?: Yes
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Oat Milk, Safflower Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Organic Rose Hip Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Honey, Tincture of Benzoin, Lanolin, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Colour 77492, Colour 77491, Colour 77499, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

My Demonstration Video of this product:


You May Also Like

0 comments