Miranda Soap - Old Formula

by - 10:35:00 AM



I had not seen or smelled this soap before ordering, and when it arrived, I was convinced I had been sent the wrong product! It didn’t smell anything like the fruity, kiwi-citrus scent it was described as- to me, it was an overpowering, very green smell, almost like freshly mown grass and I absolutely hated it. I ended up throwing it in my jar of soaps to forget about.
Three months later. I decided to take it out again, and the scent had transformed. The previously bitter, grassy scent had changed to the mellow fruity kiwi I had expected upon ordering. I’m honestly surprised by how much the scent changed. It had previously been one of the worst smelling products I had ever smelled, and now I can confidently say it might be my favorite soap from lush that I’ve tried. The scent is gorgeously light and sweet, perfect for spring or summer, and it lingers for quite a while after your shower.
Aside from the scent, this soap preforms beautifully in the shower. This may be the richest lathering soap I’ve ever tried. Just a few rubs on a damp shower puff, and you are left with mountains of soft, creamy suds. If you decide to use the bar directly on your skin, you may notice that the bar is a little rough. There is some sort of exfoliant throughout the soap, but looking through the ingredients, I can’t tell which component provides this effect. There are also an abundance of Kiwi Seeds on the top of the soap (most of mine had worn off by the time I took my photo) which tend to be more scratchy than exfoliating when they come in contact with the skin. I don’t find these to be too much of an issue because I generally just use this soap with a shower puff.
After using this soap,, my skin was lightly fragranced, and not overly dried. I imagine the rapeseed oil and coconut oil both help to keep the skin moisturized, and kiwi is known for it’s skin toning properties. I really look forward to repurchasing this, and I hope the new formulation is just as good as the one I’ve fallen in love with!
Rating: 5/5
Price: 
  • UK  £3.40 for 100g
  • $7.95 for 3.5 oz
Status: Permanent, has been reformulated
Vegan?: Yes
Would I repurchase? Yes
Ingredients: Sodium Chloride , Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Stearate, Fragrance, Fresh Kiwi Fruit (Actinidia chinensis), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Myrrh Resinoid (Commiphora myrrha), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Titanium Dioxide, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Limonene, Linalool, D&C Red No. 33, FD&C Red No. 4, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5. 

You May Also Like

0 comments